Many homes already have a concrete driveway made when the property is bought. But if your house does not have one or you simply want to update your current driveway, you need to consider different things.
Aside from buying a new garage door and having precise installation, devising a driveway definitely adds to the curb appeal of your house. The process of designing is as important as the construction phase. It would help if you collaborate with professional contractors on both stages to get the most out of your budget. You can get a killer deal with this project if you know how to network.
Here are the factors that you need to incorporate into the plan:
Type and Number of Vehicles.
- Before planning a driveway, determine the number of vehicles and the types of cars that will be parked in your garage. This is important because this will determine the appropriate size and measurements of the driveway.
- When a contractor was asked, his response was that average sized vehicles require at least 10 feet of width for the driveway. Larger vehicles like SUVs would need a wider way.
Shape of the Driveway.
- It is important for you to understand the geography of your property. Take a look at the blueprint of your house and determine the most appropriate shape that you can use to build your driveway.
- Do not forget about the issue of safety. If you are making a driveway that goes straight to a busy road, it will be better if you use a T-shape section. This will allow you to park and position your vehicle properly before going out to the main road.
- Driveways always lead to the garage doors. To add zest to your driveway, you can design a small pathway from the drive to your entry doors.
- The material of the driveway will greatly depend on the budget and the materials available in your area.
- You need to choose something that is economical but strong and durable at the same time. Stone, concrete and asphalt are very common nowadays.